Drop us a line

1300 210 593

Make a call

 How You Can Get Your Building Licence with RPL (Recognition of prior Learning) RPL

How You Can Get Your Building Licence with RPL (Recognition of prior Learning) RPL

To get a builder’s license is like a dream comes true. This process can be very difficult based on the state you live. All the Australian states have different requirements for a builder’s license. Sometimes it’s very expensive as well due to the consultant you go for. One of the many requirements for a builder’s license is to get relevant qualifications.

What is (RPL) – Recognition of Prior Learning?

RPL is a process for giving candidates credit for skills, knowledge, and experience gained through working and learning. It can be gained at any stage of their lives, through formal and informal learning, in Australia or overseas, through work or other activities such as volunteering.

What qualification can support your builder’s license application?

If you would like to get your builder’s license then you need to have a formal qualification. You can either study or if you have experience & you are already working in the industry you can achieve the qualification via RPL. RPL process can save money & time.

Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (Covers residential low-rise building)

Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (Covers commercial & medium-rise buildings)

Australian Institute of Engineering & Technology can help you to get Diploma qualification either via RPL or you can enrol for the face to face program.

* We recommend that you consult the licensing body in your state to understand the exact requirements. Requirements vary per state.

Apply (RPL/Enrol) Now

What documents you need if you would like to apply for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)?

You will need to provide a range of evidence to assist your assessor to make a decision about your competence. The types of evidence you may be asked to provide can include:

  • · ID (Ex: Passport, Drivers License, Medicare, Proof of age card, Utility bills etc)
  • · Resume (You need to outline all your experience & qualification)
  • · Evidence of all academic qualifications including overseas qualifications along with the transcript.
  • · Current employment contracts (If you are employed)
  • · Letter of Employment (If you are employed before)
  • · Payslips /work contract/ABN if self-employed
  • · Samples of your work, including sketches, plans, quotations, tender documents, and invoices.
  • · Letters of reference from licensed tradesmen you have worked with. (This can be from your manager or the director)
  • · Photos & Videos of your work.
  • · Apprenticeship papers. (If you have completed any)
  • · Safe work method statements
  • · Contracts
  • · Quotes/invoices and stock orders
  • · Job cards
  • · Drawings and schematics
  • · Safety manuals
  • · Maintenance reports and service sheets

Leave a Reply